"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.." (Matthew 6:24 Holy Bible)

Friday, March 1, 2013

Part 1-Home Away from Home

I would like to thank all those who've been praying for me and my vision; whether you've just begun, have been praying for years, since my diagnosis, or will start today; thank you.  You will never know what your prayers, concern, gifts and cards mean to me.  May God greatly bless you for remembering me.  I would ask that you continue praying. 


Sunday, Feb 3, 2013-Today, we left Idaho and arrived at Green Gables Guest House (built in1908), in Portland, Oregon. The guest house is a home away from home for patients and family members who live outside of the Portland area. It is very affordable, at only $25 a night. It's kind of like a bed and breakfast, only you make your own meals. There are volunteers who come each day to check on things, clean, and make up rooms for the next guest. There are even volunteers who keep up the grounds and flower garden. Some of these people are actually paid, but I'm not sure which ones; probably the cleaning people.

The roads were clear and dry, even over the mountain passes, one of many answered prayers. In addition to my husband, my mom is with us.  She will get her 3 and 6 month check up (for DMEK surgery she had on her eyes) with Dr. Terry tomorrow, when I get my pre-op appointment and will fly home after my surgery on Tuesday. I'm glad she will be there for my surgery.  

We got all checked into our rooms at the guest house and headed for Tillamook, Oregon.  We stopped in at the Tillamook cheese factory and had a great time sampling the cheeses, watching the 40lb. blocks be cut into smaller ones and then packaged.  We checked out the gift shop and bought a few things.   

We also had ice cream at their creamery.  Ohmygoodness!!!  It was so delicious!  I'm hoping my favorite flavors are available in our stores at home.  Back in Portland we had dinner at Stepping Stone Cafe, made popular by the show, "Man vs. Food".






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails