"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.." (Matthew 6:24 Holy Bible)

Friday, April 18, 2008

"Shut Windows"

I found a poem this morning that I believe can be beneficial to all. Sometimes our sight is good throughout life. Not everyone has eye problems. Not everyone with Fuchs' totally loses their sight before having it restored through corneal transplants. Some eyes are supernaturally healed. Some people are born blind and are blind throughout life, with no option of transplants. Whatever your degree of blindness or renewed vision, I believe this poem is uplifting.

It makes me think of that song, "Open our eyes, Lord, we want to see Jesus..." I always close my eyes when I sing that song. Why is that? Well, when we shut, or cannot see with, our literal eyes it enables us to close out everything else, open the eyes of our heart and just focus on Him. There's the other song, "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord, open the eyes of my heart, I want to see you." I can't sing that with my eyes open either and what a blessing that is! To truly see Him! Just Him! Whether blind or sighted, if only for a moment in our busy day, or for each and every moment of our busy day. To see Him, to know Him, to trust Him, to experience Him, to serve Him, to love Him...to see...Him.

"Shut Windows"
When the outer eye grows dim,
turns the inner eye towards Him
who makes the darkness light.
Fairer visions you may see,
Live in nobler company
And in larger liberty
Than the men of sight.
He sometimes shuts the windows but to open hidden doors,
Where all who will may wander bold and free,
For His house has many mansions, and the mansions many floors,
And every room is free to you and me.
~John Oxenham~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails